Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus is looking for an Assistant Conductor. Applications for this new position are being accepted through July 25, 2014.
Job Description: Assistant Conductor
Summary of Position: The Assistant Conductor provides musical leadership for the Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus (TCGMC) in collaboration with the Artistic Director and serves as the primary director of the TCGMC small ensemble OutLoud!. This is a part-time position.
Mission: Gay Men Building Community through Music
Supervisor: Artistic Director
1. Performance Functions with Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus (TCGMC):
- Assist the Artistic Director in repertoire selection and programming for the Chorus;
- Attend and participate in TCGMC rehearsals on a regular basis;
- Conduct TCGMC rehearsals and outreach performances in the absence of the Artistic Director;
- Conduct sectional rehearsals as assigned by the Artistic Director; and
- Rehearse and conduct TCGMC concert selections as assigned by the Artistic Director.
2. Performance Functions with TCGMC’s small ensemble OutLoud!:
- Direct all rehearsals and performances of OutLoud! and participate as either a conductor, accompanist, or singing member;
- Audition all members for OutLoud! on an annual basis, with input from the Artistic Director;
- Program OutLoud! repertoire for the three major TCGMC concerts, with input from the Artistic Director;
- Seek out opportunities for OutLoud! to perform outside of scheduled concerts;
- Develop and maintain a set of appropriate outreach repertoire for OutLoud!, with input from the Artistic Director; and
- Direct OutLoud! at outreach performances as assigned by the Artistic Director.
3. Administrative Functions:
- Acquire all music, rights, permissions, arrangements, and approvals for any repertoire selected for OutLoud!; and
- Arrange for rehearsal space for regular OutLoud! rehearsals and publish the OutLoud! rehearsal schedule in all organizational calendars.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music (minimum) or equivalent choral conducting experience;
- Keyboard and choral arranging skills, preferred;
- Successful experience in directing small vocal ensembles; and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Information Required to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and résumé to TCGMC Artistic Director Ben Riggs on or before July 25, 2014. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Resumes may be mailed to Dr. Riggs at email@example.com or by mail to Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus, Attn: Dr. Ben Riggs, 528 Hennepin Avenue Suite 307, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Applications by mail should be postmarked by July 25, 2014.