What are you looking for? An opportunity to put your talents to good use? An opportunity to join a brotherhood of men who are committed to showing the world the best face of the gay community? Then we want to hear from you.
This rich experience offers committed men solo, ensemble and large group choral/vocal experiences unlike any other in the midwest. The Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus encourages any and all to audition.
Are you interested in auditioning for TCGMC? Sign up here to audition on September 9, 2021, starting at 7pm. Auditions will be held with our Artistic Director, Dr. Gerald Gurss and Principle Accompanist, Timothy De Prey.
Tuesday, September 7th is our first rehearsal of the next season. We highly encourage prospective singers to attend that rehearsal so you get a flavor for our chorus.
What you can expect from the audition:
- If you are not vaccinated you will need to wear a mask.
- Sing 1 minute of a musical selection that best showcases your voice (about a verse and chorus of most songs).
- But what kind of song? Anything. We will have a fabulous accompanist on hand, so bring sheet music with you for them if your piece is accompanied. Your selection can also be a cappella if you wish. Either way, it need not be memorized. Broadway, opera, art song, torch song, pop song, hymn . . . the options are open.
- Sight-Read some music
- If you cannot sight-read, I will see if you can sing back patterns of notes I play for you (i.e. if you cannot sight-read, I need to see if you can learn by rote).
- Range testing to place you in the appropriate section should you become a member.
- Maybe some questions about you and who you are . . . why do you want to be a part of TCGMC?
There will be chorus representatives at the audition to answer any questions, and assist with the audition process.
For more information, contact the Chorus Office at 612-339-7664.
How much does membership in TCGMC cost?
Membership is $75 for each performance period, with three periods per year. Scholarships are available for those who cannot afford this membership cost.
What is the time commitment?
Members commit to group practice 1.5 hours per week on Tuesday nights, and additional practice as needed to perfect the songs. The fall performance period will end in early December.
Interested in Volunteering with the Chorus?
We are always looking for volunteers to help us with office projects, selling product at our Chorus Store during concerts, and supporting fundraising activities. Volunteering is also a great way to get to know the Chorus before you decide to audition!
Visit our Volunteer page.