2021 Holiday Concert: Dec. 16-17
TCGMC is brightening spirits this December! In addition to celebrating the winter holidays, we’re also celebrating the return to live singing!
Presenting live concerts for the first time since December 2019, TCGMC is doing it in a big, majestic way at the historic Landmark Center. There Will Be Light (December 16-17) is inspired by the song, “Light,” from the musical Next to Normal and serves as musical affirmation that, indeed, we have the opportunity to emerge out of darkness and into light as a more loving, inclusive, community.
In addition to timeless holiday favorites, TCGMC will present a wide variety of repertoire such as an Islamic prayer about the light of Allah, the music of Sweet Honey in the Rock, and the unveiling of our newest commissioned work, “Love Comes Home,” by the world-renowned composer Kim André Arnesen!
Order single concert or season tickets, below, or call 612-339-7664 (M-F, 9-4pm).
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required at the door for all audience members eligible to receive a vaccine, or proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the concert.
Helpful information for concertgoers!
1) Please bring proof of vaccination, or a negative test within 72 hours, along with your identification, to the concert. We will have volunteers checking these documents at the door when you arrive! If you do not bring proof of vaccination or a negative test, you will not be granted entrance to the concert.
2) Audience members are required to wear a mask while in the Landmark Center, and while seated.
3) Doors will open at 6:45 pm (45 minutes before the start of the concert). Your tickets are distinguished by levels (level one closer to the performers, level two behind that), and seating is general admission within those sections. If you have VIP seating, one of our volunteers will escort you to your seats.
4) If you require accommodations for accessible seating, please contact the Chorus office at email@example.com, or call 612-339-7664. There will be an ASL interpreter at Friday’s performance and braille and large format programs are available at the ticketing table.
5) Accessible entrance is on Market Street (see photo below), and one of our ushers will be there to receive those requiring this entrance. All other audience should enter at the main entrance on 5th street.
6) The performance will be presented without an intermission.
7) Parking options are plentiful downtown St. Paul, below is a map with some options to consider. Please allow yourself ample time to park and travel to The Landmark Center. Regrettably, we are not able to accommodate audience arriving before 6:45.
8) The concert on Thursday will be audio/video recorded and available for on-demand streaming starting on December 20. While not intentional, cameras may capture audience members in some seating locations. Reach out to the chorus office with any questions. The $30 “pay-per-view” ticket allows unlimited streaming between December 20-January 3 and can be purchased HERE.
9) T-Rex Cookies and bottles of water will be available for purchase! Cookies are $5, bottles of water are $1. Proceeds benefit TCGMC. Season ticket holders will receive $1 off a cookie for each ticket they have purchased. That list will be at the cookie table.